There is something about cheese and cream and how they melt together to make luscious, scrumptious, yumminess… It is also a great way to make vegetables more appetizing especially for kids…Everytime I am confronted by tidbits of different vegetables in the refrigerator I am a little worried about what to do with them… As a mother, I have to always think about recipes that my daughter would enjoy as well.
It is pretty simple to make and the best part is you can use whatever veggies you have as leftover… you don’t really have to go shopping. Cook some potatoes half way through in some water and slice it.
3 medium potatoes – sliced (Cook till half done in a vessel with water)
1 small carrot – sliced
1 eggplant – sliced
1 medium broccoli – cut into small florets
(Steam the carrots, eggplant and broccoli separately for few minutes)
150 gms mushrooms – sliced
2 medium onions – roughly chopped
4-5 pods garlic – chopped
1tsp cayenne pepper powder
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp thyme
Salt to taste
250 ml thick cream
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic.
- Sauté for a minute and then add the onions. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked potato. Let it fry for few minutes and then add the rest of the vegetables starting from carrot, eggplant, mushrooms and broccoli. Stir fry for few minutes.
- Add the herbs, the cayenne and black pepper powders and salt.
- Mix well. Add the cream and mix till the vegetables are coated well.
- Transfer this mix to an ovenproof vessel. Top it with grated cheddar cheese till completely covered and microwave on 80% for 5 minutes or till the cheese has melted and bubbling. Serve hot.